Relationship, Responsibility, and Regulation Trauma-Invested Practices for Fostering Resilient Learners
- Autor: Kristin Van Marter Souers with Pete Hall
- Narrador: Camille Mazant
- Editor: Echo Point Books & Media, LLC
- Duración: 7:05:14
In this stirring follow-up to the award-winning Fostering Resilient Learners, Kristin Van Marter Souers and Pete Hall take you to the next level of trauma-invested practice. To get there, they explain, educators need to build a "nest"—a positive learning environment shaped by three new Rs of education: relationship, responsibility, and regulation.
Drawing from their extensive experience working with schools, students, and families throughout the country, the authors
- Explain how to create a culture of safety in which everyone feels valued, important, and capable of learning.
- Describe the four areas of need—emotional, relational, physical, and control—that drive student behaviors and show how to meet these needs with interventions framed around the new three Rs .
- Illustrate trauma-invested practices in action through real scenarios that identify students' unmet needs, examine the situation from five stakeholder perspectives, and suggest interventions to support students and their families.
- Offer opportunities to challenge your beliefs and develop deeper and different ways of thinking about your role in your students' lives.
Educators have a unique opportunity to influence students' learning, attitudes, and futures. This book will invigorate your practice and equip you to empower those you serve—whatever their personal histories.
Relationship, Responsibility, and Regulation is expertly narrated by Camille Mazant.
Chapter 0Duración: 37s
Chapter 1Duración: 05min
Chapter 2Duración: 11min
Chapter 3Duración: 05min
Chapter 4Duración: 42min
Chapter 5Duración: 37min
Chapter 6Duración: 33min
Chapter 7Duración: 27min
Chapter 8Duración: 01h21min
Chapter 9Duración: 01h19min
Chapter 10Duración: 01h21min
Chapter 11Duración: 16min
Chapter 12Duración: 37s